- New York University (Bachelor in Nutrition and Dietetics)
- University of California (Medical Doctor Degree)
- Columbia University/Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center (Internship in Surgery)
- Columbia University /Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center (Residency in Orthopedics)
- University of Pittsburgh (Fellowship in Arthroscopic Surgery)
Dr. Mauricio Herrera’s Fellowship in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania was under the direction of world-renowned orthopedic surgeons like Freddie Fu, M.D., Christopher Harner, M.D., James Bradley, M.D., Mark Rodosky M.D., and Marc Philippon, M.D. During this training Dr. Herrera was involved in the care of the NFL’s Pittsburgh Steelers and the University of Pittsburgh Panthers Football Team. Dr. Herrera is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons and Board Certified in Sports Medicine by the ABOS. He is also a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Arthroscopy Association of North America and the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine. Dr. Herrera has published and presented his research and numerous local and national meetings on topics regarding arthroscopic and sports related injuries.
11801 SW 90 St., Suite 201
Miami, FL 33186