- Cornell University – College of Arts & Sciences, A.B. in Biological Sciences, concentration in Physiology, 1985
- New York University - Medical Doctor Degree
- New York University - Residency in Orthopedics and Upper Extremity
- Allegheny General Hospital - Fellowship Hand and Upper extremity
- AO Fellowship - Freiberg, Germany
Dr. Alejandro Badia is a hand and upper extremity surgeon. Dr Badia studied physiology at Cornell University and obtained his medical degree at NYU, where he also trained in orthopedics. A hand fellowship at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh was followed by an AO trauma fellowship in Freiburg, Germany. He runs an active international hand fellowship, serves on the editorial board of two hand journals and organizes a yearly Miami meeting for surgeons/therapists devoted to upper limb arthroscopy and arthroplasty.
Dr Badia is past president of the International Society for Sport Traumatology of the Hand (ISSPORTH) and previously served as chief of surgery in a major hospital.
He is member of multiple sub-specialty medical societies (AAOS, ASSH, AAHS), honorary member of more than 10 international hand surgery and arthroscopy associations, and served as honored professor at the prestigious Philadelphia Hand Course in 2012.
Hand Upper Limb
3650 NW 82 Ave., Suite 103
Doral, FL 33166
Dr. Badia shares his story on his passion for orthopedic surgery and what inspired him to become a surgeon in this area of specialty.